vtiger CRM 5.02 on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server (Dapper Drake) - update

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by cheros, May 20, 2008.

1. cheros

cheros Guest

Busy with installing vTiger on Hardy, following comments:

cpp-4.0 is now cpp-4.1, gcc-4.0 is now gcc-4.1

vTiger version is presenty 5.04.

Current issue: an install can still pretty much follow the clear description as provided in the HOWTO, but throws up various errors. It starts with awk:

./vtigercrm-5.0.4.bin: 2550: awku=/usr/bin/awk: not found

It then continues to generate the same error:

[: 2550: ==: unexpected operator

Anyone any idea? From what I can see it appears to have a problem with awk based processing, so I wonder if re-installing awk may help but I'm not a coder :-(.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    which awk
    ?
    If it isn't installed, try to install it like this:
    Code:
    apt-get install awk

3. cheros

cheros Guest

Did that - it's installed..

That was about the first thing I did :).

/usr/bin/awk

This is on Ubuntu 8.04, with the latest vTiger .bin file. As far as I can see I may have to resort to doing it all manually on a full LAMP box :-(

I had a quick look, and there are a few interesting things here (I used nano -w to look at the content):

1) The error occurs where apparently the binaries begin (according to the line number it prints)
    2) The OS detection will fall through, AFAIK it will not pick up "Debian" as Ubuntu alternative, but I'm not a code hack so I don't quite know what then happens (other than when I hack the file by forcing Debian it fails again right where the binary part is.

It also asks me where the Apach install IS, not where it should put it (i.e. it appears to assume Apache is already installed).

Thanks for looking at it (Danke vielmals :).

BTW, may have something interesting for you, will email separately this week :)

4. falko

Can you check if /bin/sh points to /bin/bash instead of /bin/dash?

5. cheros

cheros Guest

Yup - it points to dash..

It's presently linked to /bin/dash.

I pulled the whole binary installer into vi and changed /bin/sh into /bin/bash (i.e. leave the system default alone but changed the installer), and it started without errors, but later in the process various things failed (again appearing to be related to different ways of interpreting scripts.

The problem is that I have run out of time (I also have Zimbra to install, which has a direct 8.04 version), and my good ol' admin has just nuked the session to execute the backup plan (install Ubuntu LTS 6.06 and get things going until vTiger gets its act together on 8.04). All I have left is the log below. Maybe something for later..

************************ INFO *************************
    Apache 2.0.52 installed successfully

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at -e line 1, <> line 49.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at -e line 1, <> line 15.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at -e line 1, <> line 19.
    Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at -e line 1, <> line 16.

************************ INFO *************************
    GD 2.0.33 installed successfully

There are various errors like that, and in the end it fails to set the root password for MySQL properly due to some script errors and the whole thing comes to a halt.. We'll see what happens on 6.06..

= ch =

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  6. falko

I'm not sure, but if you have AppArmor installed, you should disable it.