waiting for server from forum.howtoforge.com

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Taleman, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Looks like something is wrong with howtoforge or CDN.
    When logged in to forum.howtoforge.com, I keep getting at bottom of browser window "waiting for server from forum.howtoforge.com", and popup window occasionally shows several concentcdn.cookiebot.eu -lines. Browser keeps trying to load the page and never finishes.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Might have been that the servers went for a little holiday :) Any problems now?

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Howtoforge is working OK now. Did anyone else have the problem at new years eve?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I did not had any problems, but I was not online that often on new years eve. Probably just a temporary issue at Ezoic or CloudFlare.

5. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

This made me wonder on what infra HowToForge is running? Could share some rough details?

6. till

Howtoforge runs on a virtualized server infrastructure based on Debian Linux with Nginx as the web server. The forum section uses Xenforo, a commercial PHP-based forum software. The tutorial section is a custom CMS. We use Cloudflare as a distributed content cache, CDN, and WAF system.

variable99 likes this.
  7. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

What specs is on that debian server? Cpu, ram etc.

8. till

I will not go into more detail on the setup. The specs of the servers depend on how much load the CMS and system causes and Howtoforge is run on a custom and optimized CMS, uses in RAM caching optimizations etc., so you can't compare it directly to other systems anyway.