WARN: all Primary Virus Scanners Failed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by chimaster, Mar 19, 2006.

1. chimaster

chimaster New Member

Hey Everyone,

I recently installed ISPconfig onto SuSE 10. Excellent Howto and everything seemed to work well. Now that I'm transferring and testing the new setup I'm having some trouble sending mail. I've resolved my tlsmgr issues and am experiencing issues with Virus Scanning. It's something to do with Clamav, but I'm not sure where to start...

My mail log shows..

Mar 18 21:13:21 charlotte amavis[9490]: (09490-06) WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups
    Mar 18 21:13:21 charlotte amavis[9490]: (09490-06) TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: virus_scan: NO VIRUS SCANNERS AVAILABLE
    Mar 18 21:13:21 charlotte amavis[9490]: (09490-06) PRESERVING EVIDENCE in /var/spool/amavis/tmp/amavis-20060318T211321-09490

Can someone please point me in the right direction. :) Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You use amavisd which isn't mentioned in the tutorial, so this is not an ISPConfig problem.
    Try to restart amavisd and ClamAV. If this doesn't help, try a reboot.

3. chimaster

chimaster New Member

Following Tutorial

Hi falko,

Amavis must of been installed by default with SuSE 10. I hadn't selected it at any stage. I'll try removing it from the equation.

cheers

4. chimaster

chimaster New Member

Working

Howdy, removed and re-installed amavis, also double checked clamd loading at startup, seems to of been the problem. :)

Thanks for your help

Uan