warning and bandwidth usage going up

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by bmmoreira, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bmmoreira

bmmoreira New Member

Dear misters,

I just had setup a vps following the iSPConfig perfect server tutorial 3 days ago.. and I cannot figure out why the bandwidth usage is climbing up fast to 26giga.. I did not intall any scripts or websites.. and just checked the warning on ISPConfig that shows this:

after that I stopped the dovecot and pop3 service, thinking that that would the some problem, but the bandwidth usage stills going up..

Any clues that I could check.. I'm really newbie on server setup, but I followed the steps on the tutorial..

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

According to the log file, ispconfig is not installed correctly as there is a dovecot configuration file missing. You should download the ispconfig tar.gz again, unpack it and run the update.php script (which is in the installl folder). Choose to reconfigure servives during update.

Regarding bandwidth usage: check with the command:

which applications are causing a high load. The apps with the highest load are listed first. To quit the top application, press "q".