Web-Aps didn't work!

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I installed a Web-Aps which normally only need to be copied to the Web Folder of the Server and could not access.

The required MySQL Database would be installed on the first start, but I even could come to that point.

Neither the Wildcard Subdomain like Aps.mydomain.com is working, nor mydomain.com/Aps! Looked for an solution the last 2 days and didn't found any for the CP.

What is the correct procedure?

Thanks.

2. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Is there any tutorial available for How To correctly install and setup setup Web Aps on Sub Domain or on Website?

I was looking all over this website and forum and didn't find that for Debian with Apache, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3 3.0.53 installed.

I didn't have any problems for such setups on cPanel or zPanel but ISPConfig 3 3.0.53

Thanks for any advice which is urgently needed.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is nothing special with installing apps, thats why there are no guides for it. You select the app, then the website were you want to install it, enter the details that the app requires and press on install.

Which exact message do you see in the webbrowser when you access the website were you installed the app?

4. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, how do I doing that with the aps I have?

Normally, I just copy the whole folder to the Web folder of the requires Domain, may as Sub-domain or as extended.

I was try to do that using to copy to /var/www/domain/web/ that wasn't working if I called to http://domain.com/aps or http://aps.domain.com

The sub domain were set already as well. If I would do the same on cPenal or zPanel, call thttp://domain.com/aps I would be asked to key in the MySQL Creditals for to set the Database and than the aps would start fully.

That isn't happen here at the CP. My aps didn't has an specified install script.

So how to do the job?

Thanks.

5. till

Ok, so you did not refer to tbe aps installer. as thats something different.

It works the same way in ispconfig.

If you copy the application into the web folder, then you access it with http:/domain.com. If you created a filder inside the web folder for the application, then you use that folder in the url as well. So when you created a folder named "myadpp", then you access the application with the url domain.com/myapp.
    If this does not work, then you have either a problem with the nds records or you selected w rong ip address for the site.

6. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I think the IP Address is just correct. I changed the index.html file for the domain/website already and that works fine.

The folder with the complete apps is inside the Web Folder so I should be able to access.

What's about the Subdomain? I created the Subdoamin as well, how to handle that?

Thanks.

7. till

That depends on how you created it. When the subdomain shall have its own directory, then you create just a new website for it and enter sub.domain.com into the domain field.

If the subdomain shall show the content of another website, then you add it as subdomain and select the website were it should pint to as alias.

8. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

That I'd not check yet! Wouldn't that mean that I also have to create an new A Record at the Registra as well for to point to sub.domain.com?

[domain]If the subdomain shall show the content of another website, then you add it as subdomain and select the website were it should pint to as alias.[/QUOTE]

As Wildcard for Subdomains are enabled, AFAIK I could use any Alias for to access the content of that sub just need to use an existing name for that. May I need to create and new folder under the client (let say it's client2) with the name sub.domain.com. Or am I wrong? Please let me know.

Thanks.

9. till

Sure. Otherwise the browser on your desktop or the browser on someone elses computer would not know that such a subdomain exists and on which server it can be found.

wildcard subdomain means that you see the same content for all subdomains of this website. It does not mean that you see the content of a subfolder, you will always get the content this is stored directly in web/

Wildcard subdmains are only used for cms systems that are multi site capabale and that do the content negotiation internally. I guess thats not what you want to do, so better leve auto subdomain on its default (which is www) and create a new site (or use the vhostsubdomain faeture) if you want to show content from a different folder.

10. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Ok, that makes it clear for me now.

Thanks a lot.

Will create the Subdomain at Registra first and key in server tomorrow, because that would need to have time for to populate.

For today it's enough, nearly bedtime (in Thailand).

Cheers.