Web backup problem

Discussion in 'General' started by lano, Sep 5, 2007.

1. lano

lano Member

When I perform backup from Ispconfig backup manager, I get following error (posted in .zip file): Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 87009741 bytes) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/backup/backup.php on line 157

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks, David

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please try to set the php memory limit in the file /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini to a higer value and restzart the ISPConfig webserver:

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

3. DantePasquale

DantePasquale Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, I think I'm having a similar problem, but I don't get any information at all. Just an empty backup.php file. Where can I find a log of the actions that are taking place on the backup manager?

Thanks, Dante

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no log file for the backup manager. How large is the site (MB)? Did you try a different webbrowser like Firefox?

5. klaus++

klaus++ New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, my memory limit is set to 128 MB (ISPConfig 2.2.29). This is ok for extremely small sites - but even medium size sites provoke the error. Is there a direct relation between available memory and backup-size or does the necessary amount of memory depend on the biggest object (image or video, size of MySQL database etc.) to store inside the archive? Thank you for the information, klaus++

6. MasteRTriX

MasteRTriX Member

I´m having the an alike problem, the backup file I download comes empty, but if i check the tmp directory of ispconfig, the backup is there and it´s ok.

The site is about 800MB, the zip file in tmp is ok but the download of it doesn´t work ok.....

edit: I see that to download it´s made by an echo in the backup.php file, so unless I permit more memory to php script, it will not work, but I try to do it with the ftp upload (uploading to a local site) and it just connects leaves the backup file empty and presents me the following message.....
    "Conectado a: localhost
    como el usuario: web2_test
    cambiando al directorio: /web/test/
    La subida por FTP ha fallado. "

Wich means,
    "Connected to....
    as user.....
    changing directory....
    Ftp upload failed"

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. MasteRTriX

MasteRTriX Member