web based email

Discussion in 'General' started by AcidKat, Jan 28, 2008.

1. AcidKat

AcidKat New Member

Is there a web based email I can install onto my ispconfig server so that customers can check their email through a webpage?
    I've looked at squirrelmail and the such but they seem to only work for one domain. I need this to work on every domain that my server is hosting.

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. AcidKat

AcidKat New Member

that would be going to Management>update manager>update and typing the squirrelmail into the URL and clicking the URL button and then install?
    I have done that but can not log in to squiielmail using my email address and password.
    There must be a configuration problem I am missing.

4. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I use RoundCube myself, with RoundCube it's possible to login with emailaddress/password and username/password. I don't know for Squirrelmail. Maybe you should login with username/password not emailaddress/password.

5. AcidKat

AcidKat New Member

ok i did the squirrel mail instal using the ispconfig update thingy.
    i can access squirrelmail by going to tools and going down to squirrelmail. There is a problem though. After i log into squirrel mail using my email address and password I goto options.personal info and i can change what email address it looks like i am sending from. I just sent myself an email from [email protected] and I couldnt tell what my real email was.
    Obviously i cant leave it like this for my customers.
    how do i lock that down so they cant change what emial it looks like it is coming from?

6. AcidKat

AcidKat New Member

ok i solved it
    after installing squirrelmail from the ispconfig i had to config squirrelmail.
    i had to cd to /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/squirrelmail/config
    then ./conf.pl

this brings up the squirrelmail config menu where i can change the way squirrelmail acts.

heres hoping this helps out some other n00b

AcidKat

7. heymrdj

heymrdj ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Just curious if anyone can expand this a bit. Is it possible to install a mail client so that people don't have to use the ISPconfig control panel? That instead I could put access to Squirrelmail or something outside on a webpage for them to login with?

8. heymrdj

heymrdj ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

9. lubos

lubos New Member

Just small update - if you want to use squirrelmail, there is possibility to set it up to be accessed on web address webmail.yourdomain.tld
    Just follow http://www.howtoforge.com/squirrelmail_ispconfig
    It is easy to set and work realy good. You can add plugins to squirrelmail from ther website and all is working fine on mu Debian Etch with ISPconfig.