Web ftp and smtp closed

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gpetrom, Oct 22, 2015.

1. gpetrom

gpetrom Member

Hi

I have ispconfig installed in a vps. Today i saw that service web ftp and smtp did not working. from ssh i restarted apache and tried again and it did not work. I had to restart vps and then all services are ok. In the monitor i see that those three services was down.
    In the apache log i can not see anything strange except for the following message on apache log.
    [Thu Oct 22 10:54:40.292195 2015] [pagespeed:warn] [pid 1813] [mod_pagespeed 1.9.32.4-7251 @1813] Rewrite http://xxxxxxxxx.com/libraries/guidersjs/x_close_button.jpg failed while fetching http://xxxxxxxxxsersjs/xx_close_button.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BWe2Uyq5mU.webp

What else should i check so i can find out what happened.

Regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Apeche is just the web server, it is neither responsible for ftp nor smtp. The ftp server is pure-ftpd-mysql and the smtp server is postfix, so when these services stopped then you have to restart the service that is responsible for that protocol and not apache. These services have also their own logs, so you wont find any errors about them in the apache log.

How much RAM does your VPS has? Dieing services are often caused by too small RAM.

3. gpetrom

gpetrom Member

Hi

My fault i have also checked ftp and mail log and i am not seeing something strange. I have 16GB of ram and i am using now 1200MB.
    Do you think that i should contact support of my vps provider?

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's more than enough off course :) I just asked because such errors can occur when you have less than 1GB RAM when services run out of memory.

Did you check the /var/log/syslog as well, in case it's a kernel level error then it should be in there. If you can't find anything there and the same thing happens again then you should consider to ask the support of your VPS provider if they can shed any light on this.