Web-Ftp for ISPConfig?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ktownmods, Nov 22, 2018.

1. ktownmods

ktownmods Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hey is there a actually tutorial for a Web-Ftp for ISPConfig?

Thanks

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Using Internet search engines with
    finds promising tutorials.

3. ktownmods

ktownmods Member HowtoForge Supporter

I already search on google but The tutorial oft The pydio webftp is not actually

4. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

net2ftp shutdown by GDPR:

An error has occured
    The European Union's "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR) has taken effect on May 25th 2018. Even though the intentions of this law are good, some points are still unclear or difficult to implement. The fines for non-compliance are up to 20 million Euro, not to mention lawyer fees.

Even though net2ftp is mostly compliant with the GDPR requirements, it makes no sense for any business to provide a service free of charge when the risks are that high. We have decided to stop offering services to users from the 27 EU countries (including Britain), Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, and also block connections to servers in these countries.
    You are seeing this message because we have detected that you are visiting this website from Sweden

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems like an overreaction to me, it's just an FTP client and when the FTP client writes logs IP addresses inside, then the person who runs the software on its server just has to inform the users about that fact and rotate logs in a reasonable timespan, that's nothing that the software vendor has to deal with. Or do they just mean that they don't want to run their website GDPR compliant (in other words, they don't want to publish a privacy policy)? As far as I know, net2ftp is OS software, so you should be able to get it from elsewhere e.g. from Github.

7. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

This is not a big problem, just use a proxy search bowser, and set it to a country like the USA or anywhere outside the EU, then you can access and download the file that way, easy!!!