web-ftp Spaces in Filenames

Discussion in 'General' started by xkworld, Feb 16, 2007.

1. xkworld

xkworld New Member

I have a client who tried to delete one of his users files through the web-ftp in ispconfig and couldn't because the filename had spaces in it... Is there a fix? the web-ftp seems to drop the rest of the filename from the first space it incounters.. i.e. in external FTP and in the shell, the file is there and called for instance: "Something or another.xxx" but in the web-ftp in ispconfig the file is listed as just "Something" and any attempt to modify that file results in "/user/domain.myuser/Something could not be deleted."

Anyhow, I manually deleted this file for the client but it would be nice if I didn't have to worry about file management for users if there's a space in the filename..

Thanks

2. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

Yesterday I noticed this myself. I think it's a bug in the FTP manager of ISPConfig. Another (real) FTP client handled the file with spaces correct. I was able to upload a file with spaces with the FTP manager, but trying to either download or modify it did not work.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've added it to the bugtracker.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just fixed this in the SVN repository, so it will be available with the next ISPConfig release. :)