Web no longer has web.log

Discussion in 'General' started by wpwood3, Aug 24, 2008.

1. wpwood3

wpwood3 New Member

I had to delete one of my web.logs because it grew too large but now it is not logging at all. I also deleted the web.log symlink hoping that a new log would be created but, that did not work.

How do I get logging to resume in this web? I assumed that when webalizer ran that a new log would be created but, it wasn't.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The log is created by the logsplitting script (logs.php) and not webalizer. You should wait about 24 hours and then check back if the log has been created.

3. wpwood3

wpwood3 New Member

It has been 48 hours since the log file was deleted and it still has not been created. Is there any script I can run that will recreate the log file and the symlink?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you restart Apache?

5. wpwood3

wpwood3 New Member

Yes.
    I have rebooted about 6 times but no logs.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    crontab -l
    ?

7. wpwood3

wpwood3 New Member

Here it is:
    Code:
    30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null
    UPDATE:
    I ran this manually and it created the logs for me:
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php

I have no clue why the cronjob could not do the same thing. There are no errors in the cron.log:
    Code:
    Aug 28 00:30:01 centos crond[8804]: (root) CMD (/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null)
    I'll keep an eye on it and make sure it updates but it appears to be ok now. Weird!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008