Web Server Possibility Questions

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by OpenSources, Jul 24, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

I am wanting to provide two types of web servers. I want to offer Apache and Nginx. Is it possible to link a standalone apache & nginx server to a single ISPCONFIG installation sharing mail, database, and DNS

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Of course. We are using a ISPConfig multi-server installation with one admin (master) server, several apache servers, some nginx servers, a separate mail server.

OpenSources likes this.
  3. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Great to know! Let me ask if I may do you have any tips on which raids which servers should have? I've been reading up on how different raids benefit different server types. I understand redundancy now I want to understand performance.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The most common raid modes are probably mirroring (Raid 1) when you have two hard disks or raid5 if you have several hard disks. Personally, I won't use modes like raid 0 (striping) as it doubles the likeliness of losing data.

You can probably find soem good articles about the raid modes on the internet, this topic not ispconfig specific.. If you want a fast server, then I would choose SSD disk, especially for database servers.

OpenSources likes this.