web site creation in ispconfig 3 (vs ispconfig 2)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kterz, Apr 28, 2009.

1. kterz

kterz New Member

Cheers,
    I have succesfully installed ispconfig 3 on my new server. I have been working for about a year now with ispconfig 2 and i'd appreciate some clarifications

1) In the server configuration in ispconfig3 the nameservers field has the 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.2 ip addresses do I need to change that?

2) Do I have to enter specific DNS zones for each site I create, or are they going to be created automatically during the site creation phase?

thanks
    Kyriakos

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you want to run your own DNS server, then you must create the zones manually. If someone else is hosting your zones (e.g. your registrar), then you don't need ISPConfig's DNS Manager.

3. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm finally setting up ispc3 and if I'm reading this and seeing the cp correctly, ispc3 allows for dns to be hosted website dependent correct?

Meaning, I can have the server be the dns server for certain websites on the box, and have an outside host (another internal server actually) host certain other websites on the same box?

not sure why this came out so much more confusing than it really is, but I hope it made sense.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can host any dns records you like on your ispconfig 3 server, it does not matter if the websites are on the same server or not.