web site install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cruz, May 13, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

I created a website in ispconfig. I uploaded the wesite php script to the web folder in the site I created. It will not launch in the browser. I get
    HTML:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.apostolichearts.com Port 80
    . I can bring up the web site for the servers domain name.There is a web page telling me that it is a shared ip and to type in the url to the site I want to reach.(the domain I used when I installed the server)I can ping www.mysite.com (the site I am trying to setup in ispconfig)and it comes back ok and with the correct ip address. No packet loss. I created a test php script and put it in the web dir and it will not work. I can put in www.mysite.com:81 and get to the ispconfig sighn up page. Do you know what is wrong here or what I can try to get the script to install or to see if the site is working correct ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is most likely a problem with the ,htaccess file, that you uploaded. Please check the error log of the website for a detailed error message.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

error log

Is it called (log) in the var/www/web1/www.website.com/log? Are you saying that the file may have changed as it was uploaded or maybe corrupt ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. cruz

cruz New Member

found in logfile

I found this in the log file.
    HTML:
    [Sat May 12 21:58:47 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.111] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/test.php
    [Sat May 12 21:59:29 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.111] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/index.php
    [Sat May 12 22:18:17 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/:80/HTML] Why dose it say sharedip? I was trying to run a simple php script to see if php was working. But I did not use sharedip as the domain. I used the sites domain I set up.

6. till

Please have a look in the error log (error.log) in the directory:

var/www/web1/www.website.com/log/

7. cruz

cruz New Member

log file entries

HTML:
    Sun May 13 10:04:24 2007] [alert] [client 192.168.1.111] /var/www/web1/web/.htaccess: Options not allowed here
    [Mon May 14 15:19:31 2007] [alert] [client 192.168.1.111] /var/www/web1/web/.htaccess: Options not allowed here
    [Mon May 14 15:19:31 2007] [alert] [client 192.168.1.111] /var/www/web1/web/.htaccess: Options not allowed here
    [Mon May 14 15:19:39 2007] [alert] [client 192.168.1.111] /var/www/web1/web/.htaccess
    I have to change somthing in apache conf file?

8. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

for your information, I can see your site okay "vDeck Welcome to your future Website
    In order to view your website, please remove this file "index.html" and replace it with your own index.html file."

The error you see in your logfile is caused by the .htaccess file.

If you post the .htaccess file here we might see what is wrong with it.

You could also comment out line by line in the .htaccess file (with a # infront of the line), and see what line is causing the problem, and try to find a fix for it.

9. cruz

cruz New Member

web site

That is the place I got my domain from. I have not redirected it yet. Do I need to have it redirected before I can set up the site on the server ? I am going to take all files out of web folder and try and run a simple index.html page to see if it is working.

10. cruz

cruz New Member

found in apache config file

I found this in the httpd.conf file. Is this supose to be in there?
    HTML:
    [root@server1 conf]# vi httpd.conf
    #    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
    #    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
    #    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
    #</VirtualHost>

<Directory /var/www/sharedip>
        Options +Includes -Indexes
        AllowOverride None
        AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig Limit FileInfo
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        <Files ~ "^\.ht">
        Deny from all
        </Files>
    </Directory>

This is were the sharedip is comming from.

11. till

The above configuration is correct and nescessary to handle errors. If you see the shared IP page, then you selected the wrong IP address in the website settings for the website or you tried to access a namebased vhost by IP address which is not possibkle too.

12. cruz

cruz New Member

can not bring up html page

I deleted the web application from the site I have been trying to get up. I uploaded a simple test html script and it will not run when I enter www.mysite.com/test.html in the browser. Also, I checked the ip address on the site and it is the correct server IP address.

13. torusturtle

torusturtle ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

What is the output in the web browser when you enter the URL?

14. cruz

cruz New Member

404 not found

this is the message on the browser after entering www.mysite.com/test.html.
    HTML:
    Not Found

The requested URL /test.html was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.mysite.com Port 80
    When I enter just the site url in the browser (www.mysite.com) it talls me.
    HTML:
     This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.

For questions or problems please contact the server administrator.

15. till

You selected the wrong IP address in the website settings of this site. If your server is behind a router, you must select the internal and not the external IP address.

16. cruz

cruz New Member

internel ip

Do you mean 127.0.0.1? I used the ip address I set up the server with 192.168.1.155 for the web site I created.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  17. till

The IP 192.168.1.155 is fine if you setup the server behind a router.

1) Did you forward port 80 to the IP 192.168.1.155?
    2) Does the domain of the website poinbts with a DNS A-Record to the external IP of your router and not with some type of redirect?

18. cruz

cruz New Member

HTML:
    1) Did you forward port 80 to the IP 192.168.1.155?
    2) Does the domain of the website poinbts with a DNS A-Record to the external IP of your router and not with some type of redirect?
    I have port forward on 192.168.1.155 port 80 in the router. The second question. The domain I registered for the site I am setting up is not redirected yet. I have two domains. One for the server and one for the site I am trying to set up. I tried to transfer the second one to noip but they will not allow me to do that yet. It is to new. the site I am trying to setup is NOT at noip (noip is my DNS and they handle the domain for the server mysite4webhosting dot com )I believe I sent something to this effect somewhere to you about this. I was not sure were to redirect the domain for the site I am trying to setup, because I do not have a static ip and am using that noip software on the server. How do I get it to work? I think I know what you are going to say. (Get a static IP)

19. till

You either need a static IP or transfer the domain to noIP. I'am sorry but I do not see any alternatives to this to get the domain working.