Web sites dns configuration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by simonePsc, Jul 28, 2008.

1. simonePsc

simonePsc New Member

Hi guys,

sorry for bothering with another question about DNS. I already checked the forum but it looks like nobody had this problem and I'm starting to think that maybe I'm looking for the wrong subject. Briefly, I succesfully configured my first web sites (www.example.com) including dns stuff thank to a nice tutorial I found. Everything is working fine including sending and receiving email etc.
    Now I'm facing many doubts on how to exactly configure a second web site. I created it (www.second.com) in the ISP-manager window and I checked the "CREATE DNS" entries. I see that ISP-config is automatically setting as name servers "server1.example.com" and "server2.example.com", i.e. mantaining the first domain name. Is this ok? If yes, should I replicate the record for ns1 and ns2 in the newly created dns management entry? Moreover, should I copy all the records for the first domain, changing the name, to have email etc.?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

First you must make sure that your server is the authoritative DNS server for second.com. You can do that by running
    Code:
    dig ns second.com