Web sites not accessable after last upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rodney Wild, May 30, 2021.

1. Rodney Wild

Rodney Wild New Member

it seems that after the last upgrade i am not able to get my websites working unless I change them to www-data. They were setup to be web#:client#. I checked the ispconfig | webserver config | web (tab) and apache user and group are set to www-data when I think they should be set to something else. Does anyone know what should be in those two fields? Thanx in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you enabled SUExec for your sites? This has to be enabled and the file permissions should be webID:clientID (where ID is the numerical ID ofcourse)

3. Rodney Wild

Rodney Wild New Member

SUExec is enabled for all of the websites I am having issues within the control panel.
    So in the server config | web | the apache group and user should be set to www-data?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's correct, don't change that to www-data or you will break your server.

On Debian and Ubuntu, yes.

Xheck in /etc/group file if the www-data user is a member of the client group for new websites as well and not just for the old websites. And create a new website with suexec enabled for testing while using debug mode and post the result:

https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/