Webalizer 2.01 conf from old bug problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by stefanos, Apr 3, 2009.

1. stefanos

stefanos Member

Hi,

I had a fresh install of ISPConfig 3.0.0.9 on Debian Lenny perfect server and I suffered from the webalizer bug (I think) not creating the conf files in the /etc/webalizer directory for the stats.

I now just upgraded to ver. 3.0.1.1 but my conf files for my domains were not created and do not exist. What should I do? I have about 15 sites running.

I even tried to create a dummy site so it could create a conf file that I could modify and copy for each domain but that did not work either.

webalizer works for all the sites but it's just getting data for the last 2 days.

my logfiles in /var/log/apache2 are:
    access.log
    access.log.1
    access.log.2.gz
    access.log.3.gz
    access.log.4.gz
    error.log
    error.log.1
    error.log.2.gz
    error.log.3.gz
    error.log.4.gz
    other_vhosts_access.log
    other_vhosts_access.log.1
    other_vhosts_access.log.2.gz
    other_vhosts_access.log.3.gz
    other_vhosts_access.log.4.gz

my /etc/webalizer/webalizer.conf file basically looks like:
    LogFile /var/log/apache2/access.log.1
    OutputDir /var/www/webalizer
    HistoryName webalizer.hist
    Incremental yes
    IncrementalName webalizer.current
    ReportTitle Usage statistics for

What can I do?
    Thanks
    Stephen

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are no conf files needed for webalizer in that directory. ISPConfig configures webalizer on the commandline when it is run.

3. stefanos

stefanos Member

ahhh, Thanks till. I waited a few days and this morning had a look at the stats again to see what was going on and I can confirm I now have more few days 4 to be exact.

So this look to be working.

Just one question if I may I have the old log files. How would I run webalizer on them to include all the old data?

Thanks
    Stephen

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not sure if thats possible. You might have to ask the webalizer defs if its possible to integrate older data again in webalizer as webalizer processes the logfiles normally in chronological order and it will ignore older lines from stats files.