Webalizer - 403

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NRP, Nov 30, 2017.

1. NRP

NRP New Member

Hello

I have a website which is showing up using up to 100GB web traffic per month (not sure if this is normal but it's like 90% of the total bandwidth on 10 websites i have running on this server).

I would like to further check and get stats, i understand i can use something like webalizer (default and was installed using the perfect server - centos guide last year) however i either get error 403, or page not found ( mostly on wordpress websites).

i have just re-set the password under website -> stats and made sure webalizer was selected ( pretty sure i had done this before but just in case i waited 24 hours since the re-set and nothing happened).

the Stats folder is empty, and under the error log i get :
    client denied by server configuration: /var/www/domain.tld/web/stats/index.php

Which webalizer returns:
    /usr/local/bin/webalizer
    However the only config i can find is /usr/local/etc/webalizer.conf.sample

Nothing i could find on Cron also.

i am running centos 7.4 and ISPConfig 3.1.7p
    I have bought the manual back when 3.1 came out, but i couldn't find anything related to webalizer to assist in more troubleshooting.

i have an test clone where I also tried reinstalling webalizer using yum install ( previously was using compile) to see if it would fix also to no effect.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

2. NRP

NRP New Member

Hello, in case anyone had the same problem.
    Installed webalizer using yum on test machine - waited 24 hours - did not work.
    After some other tinkering which did not produce results, i created a new clone and installed webalizer again - this time after 24 hours the stats folder is working.

Second problem was wordpress sites were still not displaying the stats. that was fixed (found in this forum answered by Till)
    quote:
    added the following to .htaccess
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(stats/|error/).* [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [L]

so the resulting file looks like:
    cat .htaccess

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(stats/|error/).* [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [L]