webalizer and logrotate

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by damaskinos, Nov 24, 2005.

1. damaskinos

damaskinos New Member

I have webalizer and I succeeded in automating his execution. The problem is that I make a rotation of my logs with logrotate. I have many logs and many site. It is possible to have the stats in an automatic way on each logs of all the sites. I put incremental at yes in the configuration file of webalizer (webalizer.conf). In fact what I want is how to change this line automatically so as to carry out stats on all the logs.

LogFile C:/xampp/apache/logs/logs/access_ancien015.log

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you run Apache on Windows?

Can you describe more exactly what you want to do? It's not quite clear for me from your post...

3. damaskinos

damaskinos New Member

I make a rotation of my logs. They are named in this way: logfile_DDMMYYYY.log where DD is the day, MM is the month and YYYY is the year. I have a script bash which carries out webalizer automatically each day. But the problem is that it is necessary that I will manually change the line in webalizer.conf which gives the name of the log on which one i would like to do the stats. I want to know if there is a way of doing that automatically, so that the stats are made on all the files logs automatically.

4. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I asked the same thing, I wanted stats from all the logs from allmy vhosts displayed together but as anyone had an answer to this I made another logfile , one complete logfile for all vhosts as I did not know how to unite all tzhese logfiles with changing names ( I am running on linux)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can run webalizer from the shell and specify the logfile there. See
    Code:
    man webalizer
    This means you could write a script that takes care of your changing logfile names and invokes webalizer.