Webalizer incremental parsing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pat, Jun 11, 2009.

1. pat

pat New Member

I have an ISPConfig 3.0.1.3 on Debian Lenny (perfect setup) and just realized that webalizer stats only showed 24 hours worth of data at any given time.

By looking in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php I came to the conclusion that only the last archived log file is being parsed and the default setting in /etc/wealizer/webalizer.conf for Lenny is to not run in incremental mode (not saving state between runs).

I began by turning on incremental mode in /etc/webalizer/webalizer.conf

I then cleared the stats dir (apart from .htaccess), merged all logfiles into one and ran webalizer manually with the same flags as found in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php with the exception of the path of the logfile, for which I used my manually merged log file.

I suppose adding the -p flag to the webalizer invocation in cron_daily.php would have been the better solution, but I would rather have my ISPConfig as vanilla as possible.

Cheers,
    Pat

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just enable incremental parsing in /etc/webalizer/webalizer.conf, there is nothing else to do.

3. pat

pat New Member

Perhaps it would be nice if it worked out of the box instead of having every user figuring out this for themselves. What is the benefit of not using the -p flag with webalizer?

Cheers,
    Pat

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The latest ISPConfig versions are configuring that automatically in wevalizer conf, so there is no need to add any flags.

5. pat

pat New Member

Actually, it is not handled automatically, but I saw that it is part of the manual installation instructions in the docs since May 23. That should teach me to read the docs instead of using outdated install guides from some dubious forum on the interweb ;) (nudge-nudge Falco)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. asticot

asticot New Member

incremental webalizer quite not working

Hi,

I set a week ago the incremental webalizer tag to yes and it's working quite fine.

The only problem is that now, when I looked at webalizer report, for all my websites, the hour statistics show me that all log between 1 and 2 hours have been ignored.

For ie:

0 57 289 2,39% 54 270 2,63% 22 112 2,22% 408 2042 2,27% 23 113 2,39% 427 2137 2,32%

1 0 0 0,00% 0 0 0,00% 0 0 0,00% 0 0 0,00% 0 0 0,00% 0 0 0,00%

2 113 569 4,71% 82 411 4,00% 43 218 4,33% 566 2832 3,15% 30 152 3,20% 447 2235 2,42%

Am I the only one who have this problem ?

Sincerely