webanalyzer realtime

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Hellbound, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

how to force it to run realtime? I want to test my stat but I'm not going to wait for tonight 12:00 am and I dont want to change timestamp

and at the other hand I want to have realtime (or at least run every 5 minutes) stat option for certain websites

thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can't have them realtime because Apache writes everything into one big log file which is splitted by a cron job into logs for every single web site (for performance reasons), and statistics can only get updated after that split.

3. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

so how do I manualy trigger that cron job? and how to set how frequent I want that happen?

thanks for your reply

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you run it manually before midnight or more than once a day, your stats will be incorrect. If you want to run it manually or more frequently, you have to rewrite the logs.php script that is responsible for logsplitting.

5. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

if I modify logs.php to run more frequent it will result incorrect output? how to fix it anyway?

thanks

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you run logs.php without modifying the script will result in incorrect statistics.

Write a new logsplitting script that does not rely on the fact that it is called only once a day after midnight :) Open the script in an editor and try to understand how it works and you will see that the timestamping will not work when called several times a day.