webdav auto installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by aryanto, Sep 26, 2024 at 5:54 AM.

1. aryanto

aryanto New Member

I am very very grateful to the howtoforge team who has given birth to ISPCONFIG and is able to solve various problems. with ISPCONFIG I can now connect hosting and domains, create my own webmail, create ftp accounts and finally, why is webdav so difficult to connect to the webdav-users account in ISPCONFIG, please help what commands should be made on the server and what should be copied to the Apache Directives (website) input box in ISPCONFIG....
    or in the next version can you make webdav auto installation... (than's you, best regard)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no additional configuration needed for WebDav in the Apache directives field, but it might be that the auto-installer does not install the Apache module for it as nobody uses WebDav anymore today like this. If you read the manual, you are aware that Webdav is implemented as a storage mechanism for website users and not a way to access the website files, as website files in ISPConfig are protected by assigning them a separate user and the Apache WebDav module is not able to run under different users. Why do you want to use WebDAV at all? If you need a storage solution for your Windows or MAC users, then install Nextcloud in an ISPConfig website; it provides better storage options and management. And for accessing website files, which the WebDav module from Apache is incapable of anyway due to its user restrictions, you would use SSH/SFTP today.