Webform how to?

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by entertheraptor, Dec 29, 2010.

1. entertheraptor

entertheraptor New Member

Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 server which was installed as per the Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.10 [ISPConfig 3] guide on HowtoForge.com.
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...at-ispconfig-3

So I'm running Postfix mail server along with both SquirrelMail and Roundcube as webmail clients.

What I want to do is place a webform on a page in one of my sites and need to know what to put in the "method" and "action" attributes in the "form" tag to get it to send to a email addy and how to configure the server to achieve this too.

As you can probably tell except for being able to copy and paste code and navigate the server from the command line I have little idea what I'm doing so feel free to treat this as a "Dummies Guide To".

Thanks in advance.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. entertheraptor

Thanks again falko,

Good basic tutorial, you could probably hear me going "Ahhh, I get it now... Duh!" from there :)

Anyhoo, I tried implementing this on my site and it sent the form, only when it arrived in my inbox it was a blank email with the subject ***SPAM*** . I'm guessing this might have something to do with the spam filter settings on my server or in ISPConfig.

Any idea where I should start looking?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. entertheraptor

Checked and not blacklisted.

After I turned spam filters off on the server I don't get the ***SPAM*** in the subject line anymore. Now I just get a blank email, none of the form content.

6. entertheraptor

Problem Solved

I'm not sure what went wrong with the previous script but I tried a different one and it works fine. Here's a link to the one that worked.

http://www.raymondselda.com/php-contact-form-with-jquery-validation/

The only improvement to this would be Captcha or some kind of human verification. Anyone got any ideas on how to add such a feature to this script?