webmail error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by admins, Sep 20, 2009.

1. admins

admins Member

Hi all

I've installed horde webmail to /var/www/webmail .
    No I've add a symlink to it in the web part

No I become this error, when I want to open mydomain.de/webmail

Code:
    Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/mydomain/web/webmail/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client1/web4/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web4/tmp:/usr/share/php5) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/var/www/mydomain/web/webmail/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not access webmail with symlinks from sites for security reasons (php open basedir restriction).

3. admins

admins Member

May in the version 3.0.1.3 was it possible....
    One of our customer use the webmailscript wich creates symlinks for the webmail. Many users too ....??!!

admins

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 uses stricter security settings to protect the website data of all websites to be accessed from another website of the same vhost. You can edit the amsetr template for the vhost and remove the open_basedir restrictions if you dont want this additional security, but I highly recommend to not remove it.

5. Stown

Stown Member

Thats correct but in the newer version it is changed. You must edit the cgi_starter script for that domain and comment the open_basedir line. Restart apache to make sure it works.

6. admins

admins Member

Hi
    Or where could I add automatically a line, that in all vhosts the alias /webmail to /var/www/webmail is allowed, so that I do not neat remove this restriction?

Thanks
    admins

7. Stown

Stown Member

The best way is to make a new .vhost config file especially for the webmail subdomain.