webmail help please

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by joey3002, Jan 22, 2010.

1. joey3002

joey3002 New Member

When I try to access webmail,following the 3.x how to guide.

Anyway, when I try to access, this is what I see in the error log:

[Fri Jan 22 11:45:46 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.58] SoftException in Application.cpp:202: Script "/var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/webmail/index.php" resolving to "/usr/share/squirrelmail/index.php" not within configured docroot
    [Fri Jan 22 11:45:46 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.58] Premature end of script headers: index.php
    [Fri Jan 22 11:45:46 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.58] File does not exist: /usr/share/apache2/error/500.html

Any advice?
    Thanks in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please be aware that phpmyadmin can only be accessed by IP address and not trough a website domain or you will get the permission errors above as website vhosts dont have access to files outite of the website directory.

3. joey3002

joey3002 New Member

does this mean webmail will not work?

4. till

No.This means you have to use the IP and not domain to access it.

The best solution in general is that you create a new website for webmail. e.g. webmail.yourdomain.com and install a webmail client of your choice into this website.

5. joey3002

joey3002 New Member

if i goto the site by ip I get:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

6. till

Please post the new error that you get now in the global error log of the server. Please be aware that this IP may not be assigned exclusively to any of your websites.
    I posted the recommended solution already above that enables you to use a domain to access webmail reliably.

7. joey3002

joey3002 New Member

which log file should i look at?

thanks

8. joey3002

joey3002 New Member

problem fixed. I just installed webmail on the domain.. easiest solution.