/webmail not accessable via. ISPConfig link

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Wader, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Wader

Wader New Member

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble getting /webmail to work via. the link ISPConfig supplies in the "mailboxes" section of the control panel. Its accessible fine from port 80, but ISPConfig supplies the /webmail as ispconfig.domain.tld:port/webmail which returns a 404 error.

Is it possible to have the webmail work on both port 80 and the port of my ispconfig?

I tried poking around to find the apache vhost that controls the /webmail symlink but i couldnt find it anywhere.

Many thanks, Wader

2. flyingaggie

flyingaggie New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you tried it with a trailing /? I have a similar situation. It works, but only if you provide the trailing slash. I'm thinking it's an apache config that changes that trailing / requirement, but I'm not 100% on that. Trying to figure it out myself.

Tim

3. Wader

Wader New Member

Trailing slash still returns 404.

Do you know the file location of the vhost that controls /webmail ?

4. flyingaggie

flyingaggie New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I know you have to make sure there's an alias in /etc/apache2/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf. It should be:

Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail

Does it work correctly with www.yourdomain.com/squirrelmail?

If not, check the squirrelmail conf and make sure you have the aliases in there. Once that's in the conf file, it should work with all domains created in ISPConfig.

5. Wader

Wader New Member

It works fine with all the domains created with ISPConfig. Just not with the link that ISPConfig provides.

[​IMG]

The link inside the red box links to ispconfig.domain.tld:port/webmail which returns a 404 error. Links such as ispconfig.domain.tld/webmail and all domains created with ISPConfig work.

Edit: Appear to have fixed it. I added an alias into /etc/apache/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf (/etc/apache2/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf doesnt exist)

Code:
    Alias /webmail "/usr/share/squirrelmail"
    Perhaps something to be added to next release? I know i didnt have this problem using 3.0.3.3

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  6. garywo2000

garywo2000 New Member

Have you tried it with a trailing.