webmail not accessible with vhost name

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jpcyrenne, Nov 27, 2017.

1. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good day,
    I completed my first install of ISPConfig 3.1.8p1 on Debian 8.9 on a LXC (Proxmox).
    Followed : The Perfect Server - Debian 8.6 (nginx, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3.1)

I noticed these 4 things:
    1) Is there an nginx config to access webmail (squirrel mail) like phpmyadmin? https://site.com/webmail (works with https://ip:8081/webmail)
    Something like : location /webmail {
    I confirm that the symlink is there.
    * I followed the recommendations and changed the permissions like mentioned with no success:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...rfect-server-debian-8-6-nginx-problems.77009/
    Has another solution been found?

2) HHVM gave an error at install that the log path didn't exist (not sure if it's critical at this point?). I chose it in the Sites/Domain/PHP and it seems to work. Still no /var/log/hhvm... Is it OK? Where would the logs be?

3) FIXED - rkhunter gave an error at install (with a path I believe). In ISPConfig, I get : Invalid WEB_CMD configuration option: Relative pathname: "/bin/false" or if I run:
    # rkhunter --versioncheck
    Invalid WEB_CMD configuration option: Relative pathname: "/bin/false"
    * Update : fixed with procedure in point 1 : https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166137
    # rkhunter --versioncheck
    [ Rootkit Hunter version 1.4.2 ]
    Checking rkhunter version...
    This version : 1.4.2
    Latest version: 1.4.2

4) Can't launch a Let's Encrypt SSL. If I check it and save, when I come back it's unchecked.
    (I tried and it works fine if I add one I have)

Thanks,
    JP

2. jpcyrenne

3. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

@1.)
    The following is from the tutorial for perfect server using nginx and roundcube. It should be similar when using squirrelmail:
    location /roundcube {
    root /usr/share/;
    index index.php index.html index.htm;
    location ~ ^/roundcube/(.+\.php)$ {
    try_files $uri =404;
    root /usr/share/;
    fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
    fastcgi_param HTTPS on; # <-- add this line
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $request_filename;
    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
    fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
    fastcgi_buffers 256 4k;
    fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k;
    fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 256k;
    fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
    }
    location ~* ^/roundcube/(.+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html|xml|txt))$ {
    root /usr/share/;
    }
    }
    location /webmail {
    rewrite ^/* /roundcube last;
    }

@2.) To be honest, I quit using HHVM because the speed advantage is no more relevant since PHP7. So I can't tell you how you enable logging, but I don't think it's mandatory.

@4.) Please enable the checkbox and then run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh immediately by hand to see the letsencrypt output.

4. jpcyrenne

Croydon,
    Thank you for the quick responses.
    1) I copied the spoiler right under the /phpmyadmin and it didn't work? It now redirects to /roundcube/ with a 502 this time (from red to yellow).
    -> I get nothing in the /web1/log access or error logs (or /var/log/nginx) ?
    2) Thank you for the advice. I will make sure I use the latest PHP7.
    3) I did what you recommended, ran with no error, but when I go back, let's Encrypt in not checked?
    - check Let's Encrypt
    - save
    - run : # /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    finished.

Thank you,
    JP

5. Croydon

1.) I didn't mean you to copy it ;-) You have to adjust it because you seem to be using squirrelmail and not roundcube.
    3.) Are you sure that you have certbot/letsencrypt installed?

6. jpcyrenne

1) I run roundcube, the Perfect install uses a script to rdirect to squirelmail to access roundcube? it works with IP:8081. It would be way nicer to see roundcube if it's roundcube.

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/perfect-server-debian-jessie-nginx-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3.1/3/
    ISPConfig has some configuration in the nginx apps vhost for squirrelmail which works for roundcube as well. We activate it with:
    ln -s /usr/share/roundcube /usr/share/squirrelmail

Should I not do this?

2)
    # apt-get install python-certbot -t jessie-backports
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    python-certbot is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 67 not upgraded.

Thanks,
    JP

7. Croydon

You irritate me. In your first post you wrote:
    "1) Is there an nginx config to access webmail (squirrel mail) like phpmyadmin?"
    So if you run roundcube then you should be able to use the "spoiler" contents, but you have to adjust the PHP 7-fpm path to the correct one matching your server, of course. Debian 8 uses PHP 5.6 and not 7.0, so you have to use a different socket path.

2.) I always recommend using the official version, as the packaged version is not very useful in my opinion. I recommend uninstalling it and use the following:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget https://dl.eff.org/certbot-auto
    chmod a+x certbot-auto
    ./certbot-auto --dry-run
    This will lead to a warning like "you cannot use dry run blabla" at the end but that does not matter.

8. jpcyrenne

Sorry, never meant to irritate you? I'm following a HowToForge procedure and that's what's written (that's how confusing it is to me anyways)? With all these secondary tweaks (rkhunter, roundcube, Let'sEncrypt...) not in the procedure, it's a bit difficult that's all. Why aren't these recommendations put in the document? Guess things change from 8.6 to 8.9. No Procedure on Deb 9 with Nginx yet. Once I get it all polished, it'll be easy to replicate.

Thank you once again for the great help. I do not mean any disrespect in any way and thank you for a great product.
    JP
    (HowToForge supporter)

9. jpcyrenne

Unfortunately after removing the original install (# apt-get remove python-certbot -t jessie-backports) and running the certbot snippet you provided, I still have the same issue with the Let'sEncrypt functionality. I even tried to launch it with /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh like recommended. Just doesn't want to stick?

JP

10. jpcyrenne

FYI - I have the same issue with SSL-Let'SEncrypt with ISPConfig3.1.8p1 on a Deb9.1 box
    apt-get remove certbot
    cd /tmp
    wget https://dl.eff.org/certbot-auto
    chmod a+x certbot-auto
    ./certbot-auto --dry-run
    Installation succeeded.
    --dry-run currently only works with the 'certonly' or 'renew' subcommands ('run') //what you mention is normal.

JP

11. Croydon

Please check the log files for the acme-challenge test:
    grep 'acme-challenge' /var/log/apache2/other_vhost_access.log

12. Croydon

And please execute
    which letsencrypt certbot /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt /opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/certbot
    and post the output.

13. jpcyrenne

# grep 'acme-challenge' /var/log/apache2/other_vhost_access.log
    grep: /var/log/apache2/other_vhost_access.log: No such file or directory

# ls -lh /var/log/apache2/
    total 3.8M
    -rw-r----- 1 root adm 32K Nov 28 22:05 access.log
    -rw-r----- 1 root adm 166K Nov 28 02:46 error.log
    -rw-r----- 1 root adm 3.6M Nov 28 21:59 other_vhosts_access.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root www-data 1.1K Nov 28 02:46 suexec.log
    # grep 'acme-challenge' /var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log
    (nothing)

# which letsencrypt certbot /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt /opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/certbot
    /opt/eff.org/certbot/venv/bin/certbot

Thanks,
    JP

14. Croydon

Try disabling the LE check:
    System -> server config -> select server -> tab "web" -> section "ssl" -> skip le check -> save.
    Then try activating your SSL again.

15. jpcyrenne

No success.

Enable SNI is checked
    Make SPDY available is not checked
    CA path is empty
    CA passphrase is empty
    Skip Let's Encrypt check is checked

JP