webmail problem

Discussion in 'General' started by pattyjay, Oct 16, 2008.

1. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

why is it that none of the webmail clients import the correct name and email address settings, you have to manually go in and change it through the webmail's preferences, for some clients this seems impossible, is there a work around for this
    ?!:confused::confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The webmail clients are external programs. They simply do not know any settings for ISPConfig.

You can e.g. write a plugin for the webmail application of your choice to import the data.

3. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

then i guess my question is where do they get the current information they import such as the name web1_USERNAME is that not an ISPconfig setting??

or is there a place where people have posted such plugins so it can be incorporated, im not to keen on writing a plugin, i honestly wouldnt evevn know where to start

4. till

You enter the information yourself during login.

5. pattyjay

pattyjay New Member

what about the email address, you dont enter that during login, where does it pull that from?

is there a place where people have posted such plugins so it can be incorporated, im not to keen on writing a plugin, i honestly wouldnt evevn know where to start

6. till

The application does not know the email address. You posted that already in your first post ;)

On the ISPConfig.org Downloads page. But there are no such plugins.

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It's the same for desktop email clients. You have to fill in the correct settings there as well in the account settings.