Webmail problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Chowder, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Chowder

Chowder New Member

After the ftp problem now I have a problem with configuring the email

The first time we got that config error. I ran the commands from this post: https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...rfect-server-debian-8-6-nginx-problems.77009/
    It started to work.
    I opened ports 143, 25 and others.
    Now the problem is that I can not send or receive emails.

Questions:
    1 How can I make it work?
    2 how can I get rid of the form http://mysite.com:8081/squirrelmail/ and can access it as mail.mysite.com

I'm not a Linux expert so if someone can help me step by step.
    1.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG

Attached Files:

• 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) To test the mail system, login to squirrelmail with a mail account that you created in ispconfig, then send an email to the exact same address that you use for the squirrelmail login, wait a minute and check if this mail arrives in the mailbox.

2) Where is your server located? In a datacenter with full access to all ports or is it e.g. an amazon vm or located at a cable or dsl line at home or in office?

3. till

Regarding your dns records, you seem to use the dns server of your provider, in that case, you ma not have and dns records in ISPConfig. Delete the dns zone on your ISPConfig server. And the record at your provider looks wrong, I don't know their interface but you need just one MX record and the host part of that record should be the zone itself (empty or @ or the full zone name with a dot at the end, depends on how the system of your domain registry works). If you are unsure about the dns system of your domain provider, then you might want to ask their support or take a look at their documentation, they probably provide some examples on how to setup dns with their system. and to check your dns record after you set it up, use a dns checker like intodns.com

4. Chowder

Chowder New Member

I tried to send mail from the same address to me and I received it. Another could be the problem. What is the port from SMTP? Or I do not know which one might be.

The server is at my home. It's a project I'm trying to do outside the work. I want to learn something new. It's a R710 Refurbished With esix 6 on it. I'm trying to make it for me to do some sites and learn something new.

THX for Help !

5. till

Fine, so there is no problem with the mail system itself.

For mail receiving you need the ports 25 and 586.
    This can be the reason for the problem, normally you can't run a mail server on a dsl or fiber line as most providers of such lines block the mail ports t prevent that their customers run mail servers at home. You should try to contact the support of your internet access provider and ask them if they block any email ports which might prevent to run a mail server.