webpages only display default site

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bosei, Sep 3, 2005.

1. bosei

bosei Member

Help.

For some reason I have just found that all my webs will only display the default host. e.g:
    www.domain1.tld will only go to www.localhost:80. In other words, ISPConfig is creating the web and all files OK as I can see this under /srv/www/webX however I cannot see the site at all and can only see the default web created when appache was installed under SuSE. The only fix I can find for this is to use SuSEConfig to add a virtual host with it's docroot pointing to /srv/www/webX. Is there something wrong with the ISPConfig directives and they are not being included?

Tnx
    bosei

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This loooks like a DNS-issue. The apache default host is always shown when the apache webserver does not have a vhost with the requested IP :: domain combination.

Does your DNS point to the correct IP?
    If you are in a NAT enviroment, did you use the External IP of your router and not your private IP?
    Does the websites have the correct IP?
    If you are in a NAT enviroment, did you use the private IP for the websites and not the external IP?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Does the file Vhosts_ispconfig.conf get written, or is it empty? Is it included in your httpd.conf?

4. bosei

bosei Member

Yes it is getting written and No, it is not included in httpd.conf. I have also checked /etc/sysconfig apache2 and it is not listed there also.

I seem to have messed things up

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 76

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:76) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 56

as I tried to fix an issue with mysql and ftp services stopping at 23:30 every night (only thing happening at 23:00 is a backup using LONE-TAR, which ends at 23:15) by running:
    apt-get install mysql mysql-client mysql-shared mysql-devel perl-DBD-mysql perl-DBI perl-Data-ShowTable.

This action has now introduced further errors:

Aug 7 10:18:09 netex01 postfix[9832]: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for ::1

Sep 7 12:00:01 netex01 postfix/smtp[20864]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:00:03 netex01 postfix/smtp[20864]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:00:03 netex01 postfix/smtp[20864]: warning: problem talking to server private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:00:03 netex01 postfix/smtp[20864]: warning: no entropy for TLS key generation: disabling TLS support
    Sep 7 12:30:01 netex01 postfix/smtp[21401]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:30:02 netex01 postfix/smtp[21401]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:30:02 netex01 postfix/smtp[21401]: warning: problem talking to server private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:30:02 netex01 postfix/smtp[21401]: warning: no entropy for TLS key generation: disabling TLS support
    Sep 7 12:30:08 netex01 postfix/smtpd[21404]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:30:09 netex01 postfix/smtpd[21404]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:30:09 netex01 postfix/smtpd[21404]: warning: problem talking to server private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
    Sep 7 12:30:09 netex01 postfix/smtpd[21404]: warning: no entropy for TLS key generation: disabling TLS support
    Sep 7 12:30:09 netex01 postfix/smtpd[21404]: warning: support for restriction "check_relay_domains" will be removed from Postfix; use "reject_unauth_destination" instead

I hope I do not have to delete and re-install the whole thing.

I notice there is an update feature in ISPConfig... What url should this be set to?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  5. bosei

bosei Member

Ooohhhhhhh... do I... I do????

Shucks. seems to have gone strangely quiet.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  6. bosei

bosei Member

resolved

Used yast to force postfix update and all seems to be fixed.

if anyone could help with the issue of ftp and mysql stopping I would be gratefull

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Does the socket file: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock exists and did you get any errors when you restart mysql?

8. bosei

bosei Member

Yep. It exists and there are no errors when starting by executing "/etc/init.d/mysql start".

9. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Any MySQL error messages in /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog?

10. bosei

bosei Member

Hi Falko

No error messages that I can see in /var/logs/messages

I have re-installed apache and updated mysql from yast so monitoring tonight.

Thanks