Webquota / Mailquota ??

Discussion in 'General' started by Steini1980, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Steini1980

Steini1980 New Member

Hi,

i have installed ISPConfig 2.2.13 on a SuSE 10.1. Now I have tried to configure some users/webs.

If I'll create a new user with 500 Mb basic quota. The new user can create subusers for email/web accounts. Now I can give any subuser an additional webquota of 500 Mb a Mailquota in any order.

For Example:
    - Basic Webspace: 500 MB
    - Web - [email protected]: 500 MB
    - Mail - [email protected]: 10000 MB
    - Web - [email protected]: 500 Mb
    - Mail - [email protected]: 30000 Mb

Why can I limit the Basic settings and every user can create subusers without any Mail-Limit and with extra Webspace?

Regards,
    Thomas

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hva e you logged out and then logged in as the correct user. The administrator can override the settings for a user of course.

3. Steini1980

Steini1980 New Member

Yes, I have logged out "reseller" and logged in as "Kunde2".

4. till

And you set the web quota to a value that was not -1

5. Steini1980

Steini1980 New Member

Yes, I can set the webquota for any subuser to the maximum in basic settings and I can set the mailquota to any value > basic settings.

6. till

If the mailquota you entered is > the webquota, it will be limited automatically by the web quota.

7. Steini1980

Steini1980 New Member

Okay, and if I use a basic quota from 500 Mb, the subusers webquatas will be automatically limited by the basic quota??

8. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's right.

9. confighelp

confighelp New Member

mailquota and web_quota

what is the difference between "mail quota" and "web quota" If enable the maildir than i cant see the "mail quota". I want to have 100 MB mail quota for an user what should I do ? set web quota 100 MB ? please explain.

10. till

Just set webquota to 100 MB. Webquota is a filesystem quota which is the quota to be used for maildirs. The mailquota affects only mbox style mailboxes.