Webroot Folder Problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dschmid, Nov 6, 2007.

1. dschmid

dschmid New Member

Hello, i just just done the perfect setup on a gentoo box. I patched the IspConfig installation files as descriped in the howto. Everything seems to working fine until i tried to create a domain. I created the domain like normally with the dns and dns-mx entries. Under /var/www the folder is created as it needs to be. But when open up the webpage the "It works!" standard apache website is showen. I have figured out the it points to /var/www/localhost and not /var/www/www.mydomain.bla. I've only got one domain so I can't try to install another one.
    Thanks for any help and suggestions

2. dschmid

dschmid New Member

I've renamed now the localhost folder in /var/www to localhost.old and created a symlink to my web1 folder.
    I had to create a second symlink in my web1 folder for htdocs to web.
    I hope I have not the same problems when I register new domainnames and created the setting via IspConfig.
    The localhost folder was created when I installed the apache2 webserver.

3. dschmid

dschmid New Member

I've got another problem now. Php isn't active on the website. But I had enabled it in the settings for the domain.
    I hope anybody has an idea whats going on here.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's in your Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? In what directory is Vhosts_ispconfig.conf located? Can you post the ls -l output in that directory?
    Any errors in Apache's error log?