Website backup not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Trix, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Trix

Trix Member

Hey,

Wanted to try out the backup function so I set up a daily badcup using tar + 7z (BZip2) for website files and 7z (BZip2) for database using encryption. The problem I encounterd is the following:
    Backup of web files for domain domain.com reported success, but the resulting file Backup of web files for domain domain.com reported success, but the resulting file /var/backup/web131/web131_2022-02-28_00-04.tar.7z not found.

If I remove the encryption then the daily cron finishes the job correctly.
    When runnig the backup function manually with encryption I still get the same, but when I remove the encryption then it succeeds.
    On the interface it stated that only 7z, RAR and zip supports encryption and I am using 7z. Clearly something is wrong with the encryption part.

I am running ISPConfig on ubuntu 20.04, using the latest version 3.2.7p1 with a single server setup and I have installed all required packages for compression.

Thanks,
    Trix

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If I remember correctly there may be a fix for this issue by @Th0m but I think it may not yet included in the ISPConfig stable package. The issue being proper folder not created during website creation but whether or not this issue is related to yours, I am not quite sure. Sorry in advance if this is not a related issue.

3. Trix

Trix Member

Thank you for you answer Ahrasis! Since backup without encryption works and folders are created i would put my money on the encryption part but you never know.
    Maybe someone can confirm it or look into it.

4. Trix

Trix Member

Anyone?

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, that was a different problem.

Not sure why the encryption does not work. You can debug the cronjob with
    Code:
    php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php

6. Trix

Trix Member

Got the following message while running the debug command:

Code:
    PHP Warning:  Placeholder count not matching argument list. in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/system.inc.php on line 2377
    03.03.2022-11:45 - ERROR - Backup of web files for domain domain.com reported success, but the resulting file /var/backup/web21/web21_2022-03-03_11-45.tar.7z not found.
    PHP Warning:  Placeholder count not matching argument list. in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/system.inc.php on line 2377
    finished cron debug.

Does this have to do anything with client templates? I had a custom client template before upgrading to the newest version but i deleted the template before uprgading.

7. Th0m

No, it shouldn't be related. How did you install the server? Which guide?

8. Trix

Trix Member

9. Th0m

Trix likes this.
  10. Trix

Trix Member

Hey,

Any luck on reproducing this issue?

Thanks,
    Trix

11. Th0m

I tested it here, can't reproduce it. Can you share a screenshot of your settings?

12. Trix

Trix Member

Sure. Here are the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Trix

13. Th0m

With those settings, it works fine on my system...

14. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As a test, please try to use a password consisting of letters and chars (no special chars). If it works, then this might be narrowed down to a special char escape issue.

Th0m likes this.
  15. Trix

Trix Member

Thank you for taking a look.

The odd thing was that i previously tried to use a simple password and i still ran into that problem, but now it seems to work. Tried it on multiple websites and all of them finished successfully.

Thanks for the help!

till likes this.
  16. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, so there must be an issue with special chars. I'll add an issue in our git system for that.

17. nokia80

nokia80 Member

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-01 om 00.12.23.png Schermafbeelding 2022-11-01 om 00.13.31.png
    Hi, I have the same problem I am using the latest version of ispconfig.

I've had this problem for several months I don't use Encryption options.

The backup is a mount it doesn't happen with all websites

18. Th0m

Do you have encryption set up for the backups?

nokia80 likes this.
  19. nokia80

nokia80 Member

no default settings

20. Th0m

OK, so same symptoms but different cause. Please open a new thread instead.