Website deleted on name change

Discussion in 'General' started by tristanlee85, Jun 25, 2010.

1. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

I had a site originally named "www.cfcoding.com" and went into the site manager to change the domain to just cfcoding.com with an auto-subdomain of www. The vhost file was removed and changed to the new domain prefix, and the new docroot was created, but my old one was completely removed. No backup was in place unfortunately... is everything gone for good?

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

Hmm that's strange, last time i did something like this, ispconfig just renamed my old dir to the new one .. are you sure it's not just renamed? ;)

linux does not have a file undelete option :(

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

4. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

I'm telling you, the dir just renamed ;)

5. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

It's not renamed, at least not that I can see. The reason that still works it because Tomcat is handling the mapping for the CFM pages. Though, it only half works because Tomcat only maps CFM pages, which is why no stylesheet or images is showing.

Code:
    [root@ns cfcoding.com]# ls web/
    error  favicon.ico  index.html  robots.txt  stats
    [root@ns cfcoding.com]# 

6. tristanlee85

tristanlee85 New Member

Can anyone else confirm this is the case, and if so, can we:

• Move the site from the old directory to the new
    • Leave the old directory in place and create a new one for the different domain
    • Warn before removing the directory

Not much I can do now. I do have an older version I can put back in place so I'm not at a total loss, but some sort of action would be helpful for the future.