website file missing after apache restart

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by xanela, Oct 29, 2020.

1. xanela

xanela Member

Hello,
    I need your help.
    I don't know what could have happened but after restarting apache2 due to modifications in the php.ini file I find that the files of one of the websites are not there and instead I have a folder with the name "supposed to be edu.bim-------.com"
    upload_2020-10-29_0-16-58.png

I do not know what to do. Is there a way to solve this problem and get my files back?
    It is as if the site has been created all over again
    Thank you very much

Attached Files:

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What's the content of "supposed to be edu.bim-------.com"? Did you take a look at the access and error logs? Who has access to this website?

afaik this is no behaviour of apache, so I suspect a human action. Either a hacker or a mistake by someone who had access.

3. xanela

xanela Member

The folder does not contain anything, it is empty.
    At the moment the web is not published, only we have access.
    And we were activating ssl on the website and a fellow apache restart and then this happened

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I interpret that as you do not have backups?
    You really should have, if those files have any importance. Even a mistake by you yourself can remove the files, so backups are essential.
    Try to find what has happened. If the files have just been moved somewhere else, they can be moved back. Do
    Code:
    file "supposed to be*"
    to see what kind of file it is. If it is text file, read what is inside
    Code:
    less "supposed to be*"
    As for getting the files back, if they are removed there is little chance of getting them back. Unless you have a file system that takes snapshots or supports undelete, but you should know if you have those. If the files are really important and wort lots of money, you can hire restore services to try to dig them back.