Website is repeatedly deactivated

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by philgardner, Apr 20, 2019.

1. philgardner

philgardner Member

I have a strange problem with just one WordPress website. About once a day, though not at a regular time, the site becomes unavailable and users see the worrying message 'Your connection is not private: Attackers might be trying to steal your information' or similar. There appears to be problem with the site's certificate, but in fact on investigation it turns out that the site is deactivated in the ISPConfig control panel. When I re-activate it, the site returns to normal ... until the next time this happens. The certificate is fine.

Only I have admin access to the control panel, and I have disabled the client's access to it. Has anyone any idea what might be going on? For example, can the control panel itself deactivate a website under certain circumstances? I cannot find anything relevant in the site's debug.log or in the ISPConfig system log.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

System
    Ubuntu 18.04.2 server (64-bit), fully up to date, with Apache 2.4.29, PHP7.2 and MySQL 15.1 (MariaDB)
    ISPConfig 3.1.13p1

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. philgardner

philgardner Member

Thank you, that's an interesting suggestion that I hadn't thought of. According to https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/3937, "At the moment any webspace exceeding its traffic quota is sent an email via the nightly cronjob (00:30) and disabled afterwards". It's strange that this doesn't seem to be in the manual (unless you and I have both missed it).

I'll try increasing the traffic quota of the client and the website and see if that solves the problem.

4. philgardner

philgardner Member

That was it! Thank you.

Taleman likes this.