Website mail is not working

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin.k, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Robin.k

Robin.k Member

Hi,
    I have a website running on a hosting company.
    My website has a contact form. and works perfect on this hosting company.

Now i have installed the website on my own server debian with ispconfig 3, everything works perfect also the databases etc.
    The only thing that not works is sending mails with the contact form.
    How can i solve this problem?

Regards Rob

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the mail.log file to see which error appears there.

3. Robin.k

Robin.k Member

Hi, I try also to sent a mail from Roundcube (what is running under ispconfig) to my ISP mail adres.

In the mail.log i get error more than one IP errors like [82.215.xx.xx] :25 connection time out
    It looks that port 25 is blocked by my isp.
    Can i change somewhere the port to another port?

Regards Rob

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you have another mail host/service outside your local network, you can set 'relayhost' in ispconfig System Config > Mail settings to relay there. If not and you're trying to run a mail server on your ispconfig box and be able to email anywhere, then no, you're out of luck, as sending mail will require port 25 to be open.

5. Robin.k

Robin.k Member

Hi, Yes, i have another mail host/service outside my local network, and i have try this in ispconfig System Config > Mail settings to relay.
    But no succes. Are these setting correct? Are there also other things to configure?

Regards Rob

[​IMG]

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For the relayhost, try mail.antagonist.nl:587 (assuming port 587 is remote port you want to use).

7. Robin.k

Robin.k Member

Hi, thanks a lot, now i can send mails with Roundcube.
    The only think dat not works is sending mail from a website that runs under ispconfig.
    This mail form. uses port 25 and i cannot change is, how to solve this problem?

Thanks Jesse for your replay

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess must have disabled the local postfix instance then as postfix is always listening on localhost port 25, it does not matter if you use an external relay server for that.

9. Robin.k

Robin.k Member

Thanks Tiil for you replay.

Where can i enable/disable local postfix?

Regards Rob

10. Robin.k

Robin.k Member

Hello, problem solved. The free domain with the DNS settings from .tk dit not work properly. I chanced to a domain from godaddy, and it is now working.