Website not defaulting to index.php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rmeyer137, Dec 9, 2009.

1. rmeyer137

rmeyer137 New Member

I had an odd issue today. I'm using ISPConfig 3 on Ubuntu 9.10.

One of my domains is configure with modPHP with the Auto subdomain set to www.

The site was working fine a few days ago then all of a sudden it stopped working, bringing up the generic 404 error page.

When I checked the site it was still on the disk. I could even ftp to it. I deleted the site then recreated it. Now I need to have an index.htm redirect to the index.php to view the site.

I believe the issue may have been caused by Ubuntu updates, but I can't be sure of that.

How can I get the index.php be the default page when going to the domain?

Thanks
    Rick

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just delete the index.htm or index.html file in this site, this makes index.php the default index.

3. rmeyer137

rmeyer137 New Member

I did notice that behavior when I first uploaded the site. How ever that's not the case now. It doesn't default to the index.php when the others are removed. That's why I'm confused. :confused:

Rick

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you uploaded a .htaccess file that overrides the default behaviour. Check your wesbite directory for .htaccess files and if they specify a different index.

5. rmeyer137

rmeyer137 New Member

The .htaccess file has nothing in it. I think this is the default for .htaccess

Same problem.. :(

6. BorderAmigos

BorderAmigos New Member

Is there an .htaccess file in a higher level directory?

7. rmeyer137

rmeyer137 New Member

Hi,

No. Something else must be going on. Because, now it's working again and I swear that I didn't change anything on the site. Before anyone asks, yes I checked with two different browsers when I had the issue. Yea - I know you don't believe me - however, I'm a software developer and I know (better than most) that changing things with out notice can lead to bad things.

So, I'm chalking this up to an upgrade. Yes the automatic update for Ubuntu 9.10 is still running on the server. So, maybe it has something to do with that.

Thanks for the replies!
    Rick