Website not visible return status “No input file specified” server Debian 10/ispconfig 3.2/apache2.4

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by FabioIamp, May 27, 2021.

1. FabioIamp

FabioIamp New Member

I have a configuration multi site with virtual hosts in a dedicated server (o.s Debian 10, ispconfig 3.2, apache 2.4). I upgraded few days ago from Debian 7 to Debian 10. I have at least 20 sites that are in a folder "/home/www". Only one of these sites is not visible. I made all the possible modifications also considering the new syntax apache "require all granted". I tried really everything but I always get the error "no input file specified". This site has an index.php (it includes an other php inside a subfolder). If i changed the content of index.php, nothing changes. Then the problem isn't the content, also because another site with the same structure is perfectly working. The only way to see the site is to change the extension in htm but I need php. I suppose that the problem could be "php" but I can't see the errors (oddly the error.log of the site is empty). The php version used is 5.6 but I have also the most recent version 7.3 of php installed on my server. I dont know any more what to do. I hope in someone helping me. Thanks

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig sites are usually located in /var/www, not /home/www.

Have you compared the settings set in ISPConfig for one that is and the one that isn't working? Can you share those with us?

3. FabioIamp

FabioIamp New Member

It is the same. I can't see any difference. I have always had the sites outside var/www and I preferred to keep them in this folder. In any case the other sites are working. If you want I can share the vhost conf files of this site. I restored to the old version after a useless try with the new syntax of apache 2.4 (require all granted). Thanks for your support

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig manages the vhost files, so you should not mess around with them manually.

5. FabioIamp

FabioIamp New Member

I'm not so skillful with ispconfig. I'm learning. The great problem is that I can't see any log file. Oddly the error log file is empty (not for other sites).

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the access log and ensure you see your requests there; if not, you're probably accessing another vhost. Try changing php versions for the site and see if a simple index.php will work.

7. FabioIamp

FabioIamp New Member

I changed php version for the site (also if I'm afraid that an old php script could not work any more) and at last I saw the log error file. No more the error "no input file specified". Now I have this error (also by replacing with a simple php)
    €‹[Thu May 27 22:44:45.024419 2021] [fcgid:warn] [pid 20775] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 93.35.219.230:24345] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    [Thu May 27 22:44:45.024442 2021] [core:error] [pid 20775] [client 93.35.219.230:24345] End of script output before headers: index.php

8. FabioIamp

FabioIamp New Member

Does anyone help me? I can't understand the reason of this error. Maybe is there a way to investigate about the problem by tracing the php activity?

9. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What php mode are you using, fpm? Check the php version's error log under /var/log. Maybe paste the vhost file here as well as that sites' php config, and see if there is a php.ini or .user.ini in the website directory. You could try tracing the php process with a tool like strace or ltrace if you're familiar with using one.