Website shows same directory

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Amanur Rahman, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

I have installed ISP config in my dedicated server and added a client account. And in client account I have created a website lets say weba.com and uploaded files a.html there. Same time created another website lets say webb.com and uploaded files b.html .. Now when I visit website weba.com it shows a.html which is correct. But When I visit webb.com it still shows a.html.. So I created another website but it also shows a.html file. Why is that ? its so confusing. Also ISP config seems to me so tough to maintain or install. Why is this ? Please help me

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See FAQ section on this page:

https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

Btw, this behavior to show the first website in alphabet when no better matching site is available is not even ISPConfig related, it's the default behavior of the Apache and Nginx web server, so it applies to any web server that runs either Apache or Nginx, no matter if ISPConfig is installed.

Installing ISPConfig is one single command that you must run. I would call this easy. But if running a single command is tough for you, you should consider not trying to install and run your own server and better rent a single website from a web hoster. Besides that, ISPConfig is a tool made for professional users (hosting companies) to run large-scale setups of hundreds of servers from a single control panel, and as with any such professional tool, it provides more features that require decent knowledge.

3. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

I am checking on this.

I can run that commmand easily.. Thats not the issue. The issue is I need to install Apache phpmyadmin etc all seperately.. I have used "aa Panel" Which is really simple and awesome to use . One line of command to install the whole thing in it. After that it has visual option to install apache , phpmyadmin , dns etc.. But its not in this case. I am trying to use ISPconfig because I need to have multiuser functionality which is not present in "aa Panel" . Do you have guys any future plan to make it easier ?

4. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

Another thing is that. I just pointed my website to cloudflare.com . now I uploaded wordpress installation file. When I access the site it shows "Service Unavailable" . But if I upload an index.html file then it shows properly. Any clue ? Check this screenshot https://prnt.sc/bG1DzAQrrUS8

5. till

That's not the case when installing ISPConfig. Apache, phpmyadmin and all other packages required for ISPConfig are installed with a single command.

Same with ISPConfig. This single command:

Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades
    Installs you a complete hosting system with Apache, postfix, dovecot, bind, PHP, MariaDB and ISPConfig on Debian and Ubuntu, the two recommended Linux Distributions to be used with ISPConfig. See:

https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/

Ok, so aa Panel is way more complicated here compared to ISPConfig as you have to install things manually using their GUI, with ISPConfig, everything is ready installed, no need for manually installing anything.

So easier than one single command? That isn't very easy, as you want to be able to instruct a server to install software with 0 commands.

6. till

Can be anything from using a wrong IP at cloudflare, having closed ports to your server, uploaded files not into the web directory of the site etc. First thing would be to look into the error.log and access.log of the site to see if requests even arrive to that site, or switch off cloudflare to see if it works then, maybe you blocked access there.

7. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

My server is centos 7.. So I just hired an specilist who did the installation for me. Anyway.. I have created a nameserver in my namecheap account which is ns1.communityecotour.com and ns2.communityecotour.com . And I have also created a DNS zone for that. But its not working. I configured it properly at namecheap by following this article https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...-register-personal-nameservers-for-my-domain/

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Installation can hardly get easier than that.
    Indeed it is not working.
    Code:
    $ LANG=C date ; host communityecotour.com
    Mon Apr 24 21:16:55 EEST 2023
    Host communityecotour.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

Seems it is not configured properly since it does not work.
    My signature has link to DNS setup tutorial, the troubleshooting chapter applies to name server not using ISPConfig, use it to find out what is wrong.

9. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

I think I had followed that article early. I have configured it according to that.. Can you have a look at this attached screenshot and let me know if these records are set properly ?

Attached Files:

10. Taleman

Screenshot does not show complete domain names, so I can not see if they end in a dot.
    Are you using name servers set up with ISPConfig?
    Looks like communityecotour.com resolves from the name servers registered for that domain. Have you waited 4 to 24 hours for the name service information to propagate all over the world.
    Something is wrong with registering the domain name servers and what name servers the domain actually has. Problem with glue records, perhaps? See here: https://intodns.com/communityecotour.com

11. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

Yes it has . dot at the end I confirm that.

yes i am using nameserver set up with ispconfig
    I have chaged the nameserver with the working one that I have created at aa Panel which is ns1.amanurrahman.com and ns2..

It works for all other domain with other server that has "aa Panel" installed. So Domain registrar Glue record is working just fine. If I give you root password are you able to have a look at it whats wrong ?

12. Taleman

Don't give root passwords to anybody.
    Besides, the problem is not with your ISPConfig server, domain registration had wrong name servers for the domain. It seems to be corrected now, so things maybe work OK?

13. Amanur Rahman

Amanur Rahman New Member

Anyway.. somwhow I got it make it worked now. But everytime I need to restart the services.. like if I enable SSL or created SSL to make it worked I need to restart it everytime. Is there any cache enabled for ISPconfig ?

14. Taleman

What do you need to restart? Which cache are you talking about and how could it affect this?

15. till

ISPConfig restarts services automatically when needed, a manual restart is not required. maybe the person you hired did not install the system correctly or you are editing config files manually instead of using ISPConfig GUI.

No

16. till

You might also want to run the test script and post the result:

https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

Also, test the DNS server by running this command on your server and post the result:

dig @localhost communityecotour.com

If you need someone to check and fix your setup locally, contact ISPConfig business support:

https://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig