Websites / IP-address

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by clearminds, Mar 7, 2011.

1. clearminds

clearminds New Member

Hia,

I got a small problem here, I have gotten new IP-addresses and are trying to do the move as good as possible so my plan there was to make all domains go on IP-address *.
    But I have tried with one website and change that to * and the only result I get is that when I go to that address it just showes something way diffrent that isnt even binded on that IP.

How come?

Best Regards
    Daniel

2. nokia80

nokia80 Member

hi daniel

You must first convert all websites to * .

when you have finished you just wait 2 minutes and ready, your websites you will listen on all ip.

best regards michael

3. clearminds

clearminds New Member

So I got to do all and not just one?

4. nokia80

nokia80 Member

hi daniel

yeah right, all other website changed to *

also useful when you have a mirror server, otherwise you websites are not be visible because they have the wrong ip.

michael

5. clearminds

clearminds New Member

Ok, that worked, but any way to still have SSL working? Or do I have to wait for all IPs to have been moved in DNS and then reset all settings to thoose?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not mix * and IP on a server. So you either have to use * for all sites or select the IP address for all sites.

If you want to use ssl for one of your sites, you have to use the IP. Additionally, every ssl enabled website needs a dedicated IP address.

7. clearminds

clearminds New Member

Ok got it, got to live with no ssl on webmail for the moment then til all DNSes are updated.
    Thanks a ton!