Webstats not available

Discussion in 'General' started by mphayesuk, Feb 27, 2008.

1. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

When I go to website.com/stats and login all is well but I dont have any recent stats, ie the past years are not available... so is something not turned on, I did rebuild the server about 3 months ago and I know I am getting traffic to the site so I would expect to see the past 3 months worth of logs.

So where do I start looking for the cause and start to fix it.

Thanks
    Martin

2. mphayesuk

I have done some investigating myself and it appears that 3 of my websites do not have a sym link from those 3 sites to the folder... is this something that could cause the problem, if so does anyone know how I can fix it.

I am using Debian and command line only.

Thanks
    Martin

3. mphayesuk

Ok looks like I might have fixed the first problem, I have moved all the log data to the actual webxx folder, then I renamed the original folder and then created the sym links so all that should now work (fingers crossed)

What I want to do now is make webalizer run and corrolate all the missing data, however will it know that there is some data that is from last year and process that as well???

Thanks
    Martin

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can try to tell Webalizer not to use the history database. Otherwise it won't process old data if it has already processed newer logs.

5. mphayesuk

...ok sounds good does anyone have an idea on what commands to run.

Thanks
    Martin

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

You can try this:

/etc/init.d/cron stop
    pkill cron (Make sure no cron processes are left.)
    Edit your crontab (crontab -e) and save it again.
    Then restart cron: /etc/init.d/cron start

It worked for me in the past, i hope it will work for you too.

7. mphayesuk

Followed the instructions but still no joy, the webstats for jan 08 have not been processed and I know there are web stats inside this folder. Is there anything else I can try.

Thanks
    Martin

8. falko

You can switch off the history db in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.conf.

9. gluki

gluki New Member

Webalizer Access

Hello to everybody!

Sorry for my english. Can't get access to webalizer at all with ISPConfig - not for global user and not for any virtual host on my server.

Can you help me, please?

Regards,
    gluki.

10. falko