webxx.sock wrong link

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by stst, Dec 22, 2023.

1. stst

stst Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I experienced on two websites (so far), that after a php update they didn't work anymore. I found in errorlog:
    [proxy:error] [pid 16041] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/lib/php7.4-fpm/web56.sock (*) failed

when I looked for web56.sock, I found it in .../php8.0-fpm/ so I sym-linked it to 7.4 folder and everything works fine...

BTW, the website is set to PHP-FPM version 7.1

So, when is this link created and why isn't it put in the correct folder? shouldn't it be in the folder of the selected php version?

Thanks, Stefan

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There should not be any such symlink. These files are socket files, they are not symlinked in any way.

No, the numbers in the folder names you mentioned are unrelated to the selected PHP version of a website.

Check the apache/nginx sites-available folder if there is a file with .err ending for this website. Also check if you maybe have any custom config in the apache/nginx directives field of that website, if you entered something there, please post that config.

3. stst

Yes, indeed there is an .err file for both hosts and they differ by this path and by
    > <Directory /var/www/xxxxx.at/web>
    > <FilesMatch "\.php[345]?$">
    > <If "-f '%{REQUEST_FILENAME}'">
    > SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/lib/php8.0-fpm/web56.sock|fcgi://localhost"
    > </If>
    > </FilesMatch>
    > </Directory>
    Is this whan you mean with "custom config"? I didn't change anything manually in the vhosts files.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

No, @till asked
    See ISPConfig Panel, website, Options tab, there is directive settings. Default is empty, are there now some settings?

till likes this.
  5. stst

I have:
    max_execution_time = 7200
    memory_limit = 512M

should I delete that?

6. till

These are PHP settings, as long as you have them in custom php,in file and not in the nginx or apache config file, then these are fine. The field I asked for is the apache / nginx directives field on the options tab, is that empty?

7. stst

That's what I found in Apache directives. So I guess they are in the wrong place and I have to move them to php settings... right?

8. till

This explains your error, as these are not Apache directives. This are php.ini settings. Telling Apache do read php.ini settings must cause Apache to fail. If you want to set settings for PHP, then you must do that in the custom php.ini settings field and not in Apache directives.

9. stst

Can't remember, that I put them there, at least not resently...
    However, now it works. Thanks for your Help.

till likes this.