Weird Install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Heroin, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Heroin

Heroin New Member

so i followed the Perfect Debian Sarge install..
    no problem.. no errors

So i install ISPC.. first time i make an Mysql username error. So i remove the install dir. and re-unpack. so i restart.. and this time it skipped the Mysql qeustions part! telling me set up was complete... and i cant seem to acess it ether.

What should i do now? remove ISPConfig and try again? (link?)
    or rerun the setup? (possible, whats the cmd?)

-Harm
    Heroin is online now Edit/Delete Message

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

When you retry the installation, you have to remove the old install dir first (as you did), but you also have to remove /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig

Code:
    rm -fr /root/ispconfig
    rm -fr /home/admispconfig
    and possibly the ISPConfig MySQL database, if it exists.

3. Heroin

Heroin New Member

O

ha well a little late but now that i know what went wrong i can fix it :D

edit:

well when i wish to uninstall it: /root/ispconfig/uninstall
    it gives me a mysql error on line 47..

isnt there a config file which i can edit to chance the valeus which are given in step9, the one asking about mysql?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The uninstall script only works when ISPConfig was installed coirrectly. So please use the method falko suggested:

Code:
    rm -fr /root/ispconfig
    rm -fr /home/admispconfig[/CODE

Then go to the directory /var/lib/mysql and delete the directory with the name of your ISPConfig database.

[QUOTE]isnt there a config file which i can edit to chance the valeus which are given in step9, the one asking about mysql?
    [/QUOTE]

No, you have to enter the values when the installer asks for them.

5. Heroin

Heroin New Member

Ok well i installed it, but since i dont have a domain, yet, i entered example.com :p i hope this isnt a problem

right now everyrthing appears to work and iam going to try and add a site and everything..

when i connect to it from my other computer the admin panel is slow :S

6. till

That you used example com is a problem, thats why your controlpanel is so slow. It trys to load the images from example com and some part of the server config wont work at all.

To solve this, open the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and replace example.com in the URL variable for the controlpanel with your IP address.

7. falko

8. Heroin

Heroin New Member

ah

thanks that seemed to work very well.. exept images still are not loading.. but ill see if i can fix that myself :)

and as soon as i get my paycheck ill make sure to donate some money
    and thanks a lot for the rapid replies from users/admins. i really appreciate this!

- Harm K.

EDIT: somekey things are not loading i noticed:
    such as: management > server > settings
    i edited the $go_info["server"]["server_url"] = "https://www.yourdomain.com:81";
    to $go_info["server"]["server_url"] = "192.168.1.35:81";

where 192.168.1.35 is the network IP adress of my server

the error i get when i want to see managemnt > server > settings
    Not Found
    The requested URL /admin/192.168.1.35:81/multidoc/edit/edit.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at example.com Port 81

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  9. falko

It must be
    Code:
    $go_info["server"]["server_url"] = "[B][COLOR="Red"]https://[/COLOR][/B]192.168.1.35:81";

10. Heroin

Heroin New Member

thank you once again :)
    that enabled it.

and which mIRC server+room are you guys in?

Now when i want to add a site, harmweb.be, its says The name www.harmweb.be is already in use by another site or domain. I got the domain via http://www.eurodns.com/ perhaps it is caused by that.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  11. falko

We're in no IRC chat.

Please check if www.harmweb.be is either used by some other web site you configured in ISPConfig (also check the Co-Domains), or if it is in any of the recycle bins.

Eurodns.com has nothing to do with this.

12. Heroin

Heroin New Member

ok.. well after i emptied the trashcans it did allouwed me to make the site.
    however i still see the page displayed as default by eurnodns.com.
    click www.harmweb.be to see what i mean.
    harmweb.be Registered and Parked with EuroDNS (see details)
    =[ and i cant seem to login to FTP ether.

this makes me sad and feel unsuitable to do this :(

-Harm

13. falko

You must tell the Eurodns.com people to change the DNS records for harmweb.be so that they point to the IP address of your ISPConfig server. Maybe they even have a web interface where you can configure this yourself.

14. Heroin

Heroin New Member

[​IMG]

i set the DNS crap to go to my IPadress 82.171.74.86 where port 80 is forwarded to my server.

if i cant get it up today i think i might have to ditch ispconfig and do it the normall way =[ which would sadden me lots

15. till

That looks correct. But the DNS problems have nothing to do with ISPConfig. If you dont point your Domain to the correct IP, it wont work even if you configure everything manually :)

16. Heroin

Heroin New Member

ah well the thing is iam not sure if it works.. if u want i can make a small reseller and u can see if everyrthing works? if so just PM me

17. falko

At least now the default Apache placeholder page shows up now under www.harmweb.be...

Is Vhosts_ispconfig.conf included in your Apache configuration? What's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf?

18. Heroin

Heroin New Member

i gave up on the pannel, ill just go ahead and do a clean debian netinstall then use the debian perfect setup guide to setup a nice apache2.

BTW falko u wrote the pure-ftpd howto?
    it contains an error:

INSERT INTO `ftpd` ( `User` , `status` , `Password` , `Uid` , `Gid` , `Dir` , `ULBandwidth` , `DLBandwidth` , `comment` , `ipaccess` , `QuotaSize` , `QuotaFiles` ) VALUES ( 'exampleuser' , '1' , MD5 ( 'secret' ) , '2001' , '2001' , '/home/www.example.com' , '100' , '100' , '' , '*' , '50' , '0' ) ;

This gives a 1604 error.. which i solved by making MD5( 'secret' )
    however this leads to other problems such as being unable to login with FTP deu to 530's cuz the password isnt accepted:

[19:49:29] USER harm
    [19:49:29] 331 User harm OK. Password required
    [19:49:29] PASS (hidden)
    [19:49:32] 530 Authentication failed, sorry

=[ again a nice tutorial which just fails at the very end

19. falko

I've never had any problems with this...

Also, I've run the Debian Sarge Perfect Setup more than 50 times now, and never ever had difficulties with it.

20. till

I've installed the debian perfect setup last week too on a server in a datacenter. I copied all the commands from the howto to my putty ssh client windiw without changing a single char and it worked out of the box.