What kind of troubles can I expect?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lordcalin, Feb 17, 2011.

1. lordcalin

lordcalin New Member

So, i'm a die hard slackware fan.. but I really loved ISPConfig in the demo's I saw.

I know what can run on one distro, can be run on any distro if you work at it

So I worked at it...
    - modified install.lib.php to accept slackware_version
    - created my own dist/conf/slackware.conf.php & dist/lib/slackware.lib.php
    - modified installer_base_lib.php to change the 2 calls of adduser, to usermod -G

and it worked, everything installed (except dovecot since i'm 2.0, but will work on that next), everything configured and I can see the wonderful login screen on port 8080.

My main question is what kinds of incompatabilities might I find myself in later on if there is an update to ISPconfig, or trying to use any of the addon apps.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There should be no major incompatibilities as only the installer code differs for the Linux distributions and some parts of the monitor might not show logfile contents if the logfiles on slackware have different names. All other code in the server and client part is not distribution specific.

3. lordcalin

lordcalin New Member

I found my first incompatibilities... and it stems from there being a config option, but then it's never used.

None of the servers will restart to take in changes, since it's hard coded in (as an example) web_module.inc.php function restartHttpd specifically looks for $conf[initscripts]/httpd or /apache2 then issues a restart, instead of saving $conf['apache']['init_script'] from the initial install configuration, and calling that.

Will manually change them for now, but would be nice if there was a place to set the reload command in the services setup.