What to change once Perfect Server virtual image is installed?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mcisar, Oct 28, 2019.

1. mcisar

mcisar New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I've used ISPConfig and the Perfect Server (Centos) for many years through many versions. Needed to roll out a new server so thought maybe I'd give a try with the VMWare image to save some time. Now I'm sitting here looking at the installed system, having changed the root and HowtoForge user passwords I'm thinking "now what else do I need to change and how?". Obviously there are some more default passwords, certificates that have "filler" information that should be corrected. Am I just running those ("red") parts of the setup again, or just editing changed info in config files... or?

Is there some sort of a quick howto or forum post that lists all of the things a person needs to/should touch after installing using the image to get to the same point as if you'd done the step-by-step yourself? That is, without actually running through the whole tutorial and trying to pick out which parts to re-run...which I think would then probably take more time than just having done the install from scratch in the first place? Just don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Change the ssh root password and the password of the 'administrator' Linux user e.g. by using the passwd command:

passwd root
    passwd administrator.

2) Change the mysql root password with phpmyadmin, afterwards set this new password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

3) Change the password of the 'ispconfig' mysql user:
    - Change the password of the ispconfig user in mysal by using the phpmyadmin user editor.
    - Set this new password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php in the line $conf['db_password'] = '..........';
    - Do an ispconfig update and choose to reconfigure services, this will cause the new password to be replaced in all relevant config files. You might also want to let the updater create a new ssl cert.