When adding site, Apache shuts down!

Discussion in 'General' started by thomasall, Feb 23, 2011.

1. thomasall

thomasall New Member

When I add a new site from the ISPConfig (latest version) Apache shuts down.

The error log shows:
    [Wed Feb 23 14:52:37 2011] [notice] caught SIGWINCH, shutting down gracefully

Any suggestions?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, thats not a shutdown. Its a restart to load the new configuration. A restart always consist of a shutdown of the daemon and then starting it again.

3. thomasall

thomasall New Member

Thanks. But apache stops and I have to start it manually to bring all sites on the server live again. :confused:

4. till

Please check the apache error.log for errors. Does the restart works on the shell? ISPConfig uses the normal script in /etc/init.d/ to restart apache.

If this is a virtual server, please check if any limits were hit as this might prevent apache from (re) starting.

5. thomasall

thomasall New Member

Here is the error message that shuts down apache:

Code:
    [Wed Feb 23 15:18:39 2011] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/my-website.com/web/wp-admin/index.php(3298) exit(shutting down), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 0
    [Wed Feb 23 15:18:39 2011] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/my-website.com2/web/index.php(3076) exit(shutting down), get stop signal 9
    [Wed Feb 23 15:18:39 2011] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/my-website.com2/web/index.php(3087) exit(shutting down), get stop signal 9
    [Wed Feb 23 15:18:39 2011] [notice] mod_fcgid: process /var/www/my-website3.com/web/index.php(3480) exit(shutting down), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 0

6. till

This are the fcgi scripts that get stopped when apache is restartet.

Please answer my other two questions as well:

1) Is this a virtual server?
    2) Does the restart works on the shell? ISPConfig uses the normal script in /etc/init.d/ to restart apache.

7. thomasall

thomasall New Member

Yes - VPS server

Hi,

I was able to fix the issue. It was caused by 000-apps.vhost

Thanks ;)