When delete and reinstall domain it reconnects to corrupted directory

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tlove, Sep 6, 2021.

1. tlove

tlove Member HowtoForge Supporter

After a crash a domain became corrupted (/var/www/clients/client1/web3 )
    I deleted the domain with the aim to create a new website to replace it.
    However, rather than creating a new /webX/directory, ISPConfig rebuilds the new website onto the same corrupted domain /web3/
    I welcome advice on how to move forward on this.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you delete a website, then it's website directory gets removed. When you delete a vhost subdomain or alias domain where you use a su´b directory of the web folder, then this directory is not removed when you delete the vhost sub- or alias domain as it is part of an existing website, you have to delete the directory manually. Or delete the whole website, then the directory (and all other parts of the website) get deleted as well.

3. tlove

Thanks Till.
    If I understand you right, the the correct thing to do now is to manually (rm -r) delete the /var/www/clients/client1/web3 directory?
    My intention was to completely delete the website and start again so I used the ISPConfig website red dustbin delete button. Should I have done something else instead?

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, remove the site through the ISPConfig UI and then re-add it. It will get a new ID.

5. tlove

Thank Thom, That's what I did and ISPConfig gave the domain a new ID and reinstalled it on the same problem base directory (/web3/). I can see that it is the same /web3/ because there was still debris there from the original site.

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If it has a new ID, e.g. 4, it would be in web4.

7. tlove

My apologies. I just realised I was looking at older versions of directories and links before ISPConfig had changed them. Everything is good. I'm sorry to have wasted yours and Till's time unnecessarily.