when i reboot my server, ssl is not working anymore

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by coffeemug, Jan 30, 2020.

1. coffeemug

coffeemug New Member

During some months my ISPConfig server worked right. The day before yesterday I made an update to the new ISPConfig and it was still running. Yesterday i rebooted my server for first time and the apache did not start anymore.

I fixed the problems related to the apache server (the name of the sever doesn't match the CN in the certificate), but after that, when finally the apache started, the iPSConfig is generating following message:

1. Possible attack detected. This action has been logged.

Please help me with some tips or documentation to follow.

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try using your web browser in anonymous mode to test if you are able to log into ispconfig then. If this works, then your browser must send a cookie which does not belong to ispconfig which triggers the security alert.

coffeemug likes this.
  3. coffeemug

coffeemug New Member

That had been the reason!!! Thanks a lot!!

4. coffeemug

coffeemug New Member

Now the connection is always insecure. #I.am.lost

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I need a bit more info :) The connection to what is insecure, ispconfig Interface, a website on your server, email, ...?

6. coffeemug

coffeemug New Member

server1.mydomain.com is suddenly with an invalid ssl (instead of server1. my... it is server.my... in the ssl-certificate)
    ssl from letsencypt for mydomain.com is working fine, all other webpages and emails are working great as well.
    I installed odoo, which is working with python3 and postgres. I would like to put it on erp.mydomain.com

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020