Where do I edit the "Main" site?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheFuzzy0ne, Aug 7, 2008.

1. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

Hi everyone.

When I access my server from outside (http://myserver.tld or server.myserver.tld), I get the page which states that it's a shared IP. Is there any way to enable PHP for this part of the site?

Also, when I access my server using www.myserver.tld, I get the message from Apache "It works!". What do I need to to change this? Is this something I need to do through my DNS?

I'm not entirely sure where the www part came from. I'm guessing that it's something ISPConfig added automatically?

I would just try it out, but I've spent too much time having to fix things after I've broken them, so I figured it would be safer to just ask the pros. :)

Many thanks.

Daz.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is no site, its a page that is shown because you misconfigured the website or you did not add the domain yet. Please add a co-domain myservser.tld with empty hostname to the website www.myserver.tld and a co-domain with hostname: server domain: mayserver.tld.

3. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

OK, now I'm lost. Apparently there is no site "www.myserver.tld" anywhere, but when I add the host "www" to "myserver.tld", it says it already exists...

I knew I'd screw this up. Not to worry. I will start afresh, and try and gain a more in-depth understanding of what I'm actually doing.

Thanks for your reply, though. :)

4. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

Is there a HowTo anywhere that shows you how to initially configure ISPConfig?

I'm not sure where to start with getting the site for "myserver.tld" and "www.myserver.tld" up and running. I'm not sure if I need to add myself as a client, or a reseller, as I can't seem to create a site without a clients/resellers information.

Despite the problems I'm having, I'd like to point out that I am really enjoying ISPConfig, based on the potential I see it has, and what it can actually do when in the right hands.

5. TheFuzzy0ne

TheFuzzy0ne New Member

OK, I deleted the DNS entry for "myserver.tld", and now when I try to re-add it, I'm told that it already exists... Both "www.myserver.tld" and "myserver.tld" both link to the original page which states that it's a shared IP address. What can I do about this? The settings are obviously kept elsewhere, which explains why any edits I've made in there have had no effect.

EDIT: Oh, I found the recycle bin and emptied it. I am going to try to refrain from posting any further for now. If any mods would like to delete this thread, please do, as I don't think it would be much help to anyone else.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008